Featured Post

Labels

Pages

Skip to main content

Pesto Pasta with Bacon


Pesto sauce is really easy to make by yourself.  It can use on pizza (pizza base) , spaghetti, sourdough & more.  Just make it and keep on fridge to use at anytime!  Basil prsto sauce use alot of basil.  I grow my own basil.  
This the most useful herb that I had for cooking.  I used to buy from Sheng Siong where they sell a big pack at a cheap price.  Buying one big pack to make into pesto sauce, cook Thai basil Pork (recipe in my blog) or the taiwanese 3 cup Chicken.  The basil pesto sauce recipe can be found in cookidoo platform:
https://cookidoo.international/recipes/recipe/en/r151857

Here I will share my Pesto pasta recipe.
(Serve 4)

Ingredients:
280g       spaghetti
1 tsp        salt
1tsp         oil
800g         water

100g     pesto sauce
200g      bacon, cut into small PCs
2 cloves garlic , peel and slice
15g        oil

Garnish:
Pepper
Parmesan cheese


1.  Add 800g water, salt & oil into mixing bowl.  Bring the water to boil.

8mins / 100c / speed 1

2.  Cook the spaghetti as according to the timing as indicated on the package.  Keep some of the pasta water & drain the rest.  Set the spaghetti aside.

3.  Add oil & garlic into mixing bowl. Saute.
3mins / 120c / speed 
4.  Add in bacon.
5mins / 120c / speed 1 

5.  Add in pesto.
1min / 100c / speed 1
*Suggest to taste after this step.  If too bland, add some salt to taste. 
6.  Add in spaghetti & 10g of pasta water
1min /100c/ reverse spoon  .
7.  Pour out into a bowl & toss to evenly mixed altogether.  Distribute evenly & sprinkle parmesan cheese and black pepper on top.


Tips:

1. For TM6 users, call out the browned pork cubes recipe & follow through the steps by using high temp to cook the bacon. This replace step 2 to 4.

I'm a busy working mum. Despite of the busy work, I hope to provide my family with home-cooked food whenever possible. I came across thermomix and it can fulfill my wish and also bring alot of cooking joy. I like to do research and development on baking and cooking. I am still trying to explore what it can do. If you are a thermomix owner, I hope this information will help you and we can learn together. If you do not own one and wanted to know more about it, I am more delighted to share with you.

Comments