Featured Post

Labels

Pages

Skip to main content

Basic steam eggs


Steam egg is normally a usual dish for our meals at home.  We can easily do this with a fixed formula for a soft and silky texture like Chawanmushi.  The formula is:

1 egg : 100g water

With this, we can easily make successful steam eggs.

Ingredients:
4     eggs
400g  water
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp    mirin (optional)

1.  Mix all in a bowl.  Beat with a fork.

2.  Strain the egg mixture with a strainer onto the bowl that is going to steam on varoma dish.
3. Add 500g of water into mixing bowl.  Boil the water till it reach 100 deg.
5mins/ 100 c / speed 1

4.  Put the varoma dish on top of the mixing bowl with the egg mixture.  Steam.

15mins / varoma / speed 1
I'm a busy working mum. Despite of the busy work, I hope to provide my family with home-cooked food whenever possible. I came across thermomix and it can fulfill my wish and also bring alot of cooking joy. I like to do research and development on baking and cooking. I am still trying to explore what it can do. If you are a thermomix owner, I hope this information will help you and we can learn together. If you do not own one and wanted to know more about it, I am more delighted to share with you.

Comments