Featured Post

Labels

Pages

Skip to main content

Deep fried Sliver Fish


Bought this sliver fish from Hock Hwa.  It is from Indonesia. As understood from the staff, this is using Japanese technology .  Well, Don't know how the whole thing works and he keep saying Japan technology.  Well...It is not too salty and is not too expensive as compare to those from Japan.

This is a relatively easy task.  For TM6 high temp function,  the quantity  cannot be too less as indicated in the cookdioo.  It will give you error and not able to proceed sometimes.   If you put too much, you will not able to get the results that you want.  For this recipe, I used cookdioo recipe.  

Crispy Ikan Billis:
https://cookidoo.international/recipes/recipe/en/r685073

It require 150g  oil and 100g silver fish.
Do not add more than required.  Else you will get the crisps from the silver fish.  It takes 26mins high temp.  Remember to spread the silver fish evenly in the mixing bowl.

Also note that the smell is quite strong while doing the high temp.  So you may want move your thermomix to somewhere that is airy if you do not want to 'capture' too much of the smell at home 😅. 

Strain the oil & also let it cool at on the kitchen paper.

Video link: Fried Sliver fish







I'm a busy working mum. Despite of the busy work, I hope to provide my family with home-cooked food whenever possible. I came across thermomix and it can fulfill my wish and also bring alot of cooking joy. I like to do research and development on baking and cooking. I am still trying to explore what it can do. If you are a thermomix owner, I hope this information will help you and we can learn together. If you do not own one and wanted to know more about it, I am more delighted to share with you.

Comments