Featured Post

Labels

Pages

Skip to main content

Black Sesame Creme (Black Sesame Paste)


I did some research & created my desired texture  Black Sesame Paste ( 芝麻糊). It is simple but involve more steps to make the paste smooth and thick.

Ingredients:

120g roasted black sesame seed
80g glutinous rice, soaked
60g sugar
500g water 
200g water

1. Place black sesame seed, 500g water & glutinous rice in mixing bowl.
 
        30 sec / speed 8-10

 Scrape down and repeat step (1).
2. Strain the mixture with strainer. Place the paste into mixing bowl again. Add another 200g water to blend.

    30sec / speed 8-10
   
Scrape down and repeat step (2).



3. Strain the mixture again. The remaining paste can use for making bread or biscuits.

4. Wash the mixing bowl & pour the strained mixture back to mixing bowl again Add in sugar and cook till sticky & thick.

20mins / 100c / speed 3

Note/ Tips:

Everyone has different preference:

1.  If find it too thick, can add 20g hot water and check the consistency if is ideal 

2.  If find it too watery, increase the cooking for another 5mins.  Check the consistency if is ideal. 
I'm a busy working mum. Despite of the busy work, I hope to provide my family with home-cooked food whenever possible. I came across thermomix and it can fulfill my wish and also bring alot of cooking joy. I like to do research and development on baking and cooking. I am still trying to explore what it can do. If you are a thermomix owner, I hope this information will help you and we can learn together. If you do not own one and wanted to know more about it, I am more delighted to share with you.

Comments