Featured Post

Labels

Pages

Skip to main content

Kimchi Fried Bee Hoon

 

I bet you have tried Kimchi fried rice outside.  How about kimchi bee hoon 😂😂😂?  My 2nd girl asking for kimchi fried rice when I was going to cook for lunch.  Well, I have to admit,  thermomix is never good in doing fried rice.  But themomix is good in cooking fried bee hoon! However, not all thermomix users have success in cooking bee hoon though.  As long as you get hold of the technique, it will always successful.

The brand of bee hoon is important.  I used chilli brand bee hoon.  The bee hoon shld not soak till soft.  Just soak in water for 1-2 mins only.  After that, drain away the water.  

A typical packet of bee hoon weighs 400g.  For my family, I normally estimate each pax had 50- 55g of beehoon.


Serves: 4 
Ingredients:

200g      king oyster mushroom, cut away roots and slice thinly
100g      carrot, peel & cut into strips
15g        garlic, peel
20g        oil
250g      bee hoon, soak for 1-2 mins
220g      water
150g      kimchi

Sesonings:
25g        gochujang
25g        sugar
10g        light soy sauce

1.  Put garlic into mixing bowl.  Chop.
            5sec / Speed 5
Scrape down.

2.  Add oil & saute.
             3mins / 120c / speed 1

3.  Add mushroom & carrots. Cook.
             3mins / 120c / speed 1



4.  Add in water, kimchi & seasonings.  Cook.
    5mins / 100c /reverse speed 1
5.  Add in bee hoon. Cook.
    3mins / varoma / reverse speed 1

When at 2mins, stop the thermomix & stir& mix  the bee hoon from the blade area to the top.

5. Serve with kimchi and garnish with spring onions.

Note:

1.  If you find that the bee hoon still abit wet, cover and leave the bee hoon in the mixing bowl for 3-5 minutes.

2.  There bound to have 'chopped" and wet bee hoon at the blade area. Pour out & mix it evenly.

I'm a busy working mum. Despite of the busy work, I hope to provide my family with home-cooked food whenever possible. I came across thermomix and it can fulfill my wish and also bring alot of cooking joy. I like to do research and development on baking and cooking. I am still trying to explore what it can do. If you are a thermomix owner, I hope this information will help you and we can learn together. If you do not own one and wanted to know more about it, I am more delighted to share with you.

Comments