Featured Post

Labels

Pages

Skip to main content

Sausage cheese bun

Actually I've made this bread recipe several times.  But this time round, I've used a different bread flour.  It is the Taiwan bread flour which cost almost twice as the Prima bread flour.
I must say the taste & texture does make a difference. If you have been using Prima brand, it is worth to try this one for a change.

Makes 500g dough
Ingredient (A)
260g       bread flour
40g          sugar
1/4 tsp    salt
130g        milk
11/2 tsp  instant yeast
1               egg

Ingredient (B)
30g          butter

Ingredient (C)
14   mini cheese sausage
7     pcs cheese slices, cut into half

1.  Add ingredient (A) into mixing bowl. Knead.
     3mins / dough

2.  Add in ingredient (B). Knead
      3mins / dough

Let it proof for 45 mins or double it's size.

3. After 45mins, deflat the dough and weigh about 35g each and roll into balls.  Flatten & roll to about the size of the sausage length, with the sides cut as shown below.
4.  Put the cheese in top of the sausage and begin to fold from alternate sides.
(Pardon for the ugly demo photo.  I'm using one hand to take the shot and the other to do the bread plaiting. :P).

5.  Place on the greased tray & let it proof for another 45mins (I used a siplat.  You can also place baking paper on the tray if you do not want to grease).
6.  Baked in the pre-heated oven at 180 deg ( middle rack) for 15 - 18mins.

**The bread still remain soft after 3 days when keep in a air-tight container.


I'm a busy working mum. Despite of the busy work, I hope to provide my family with home-cooked food whenever possible. I came across thermomix and it can fulfill my wish and also bring alot of cooking joy. I like to do research and development on baking and cooking. I am still trying to explore what it can do. If you are a thermomix owner, I hope this information will help you and we can learn together. If you do not own one and wanted to know more about it, I am more delighted to share with you.

Comments