Featured Post

Labels

Pages

Skip to main content

Japanese Chicken Curry Rice

The above uses the Japanese roux that I made myself.

This is made from curry cubes bought in stores.

I bought this japanese curry cubes from Don Don Donki.  Although it is stated medium spicy, it is not spicy at all.  Even yy 6 years old girl can eat. Lolx.. Most S&B brands are good.  My 6 years old loves Japanese curry Rice.  Next time I will show u how to make the roux.
Serves 4-5:

500g        boneless chicken thigh,cut into bite size
1                 yellow onion, abt 80g
2-3 clove     garlic, peel
200g         potato, cut in cubes
100g          carrots, cut into cubes
40g           butter
400g         chicken stock or water
100g           Japanese curry cube  

1.  Add yellow onions and garlic to mixing bowl, chop.

5sec / speed5

2.  Add in butter and saute.

3min / 120c / sp1
2.  Add chicken and cook.
 
3min / 120c / r. Speed 1

3.  Add in stock/water, carrots, potato.
 
18min / 100c / r. Spoon
3.  Add in the curry cubes.

3min / 100c / r. Spoon.
Note:
1. Do not use chicken breast else it will be shredded chicken.
2. You can add grated apple to enhance the taste ( in step 3)

To make a one dish meal:

Cook rice & hard boiled eggs in advance.

Serves 2:

120g  jasmine rice
Water
2 eggs

1.  Weigh and wash the rice  with the simmering basket in the TM bowl.

2. Fill water in TM bowl till it just cover the rice.
3. Cover the TM bowl without the MC.  Put the varoma dish on top with the 2 eggs in it.
4.  Cook.

16min / varoma /sp2.5



I'm a busy working mum. Despite of the busy work, I hope to provide my family with home-cooked food whenever possible. I came across thermomix and it can fulfill my wish and also bring alot of cooking joy. I like to do research and development on baking and cooking. I am still trying to explore what it can do. If you are a thermomix owner, I hope this information will help you and we can learn together. If you do not own one and wanted to know more about it, I am more delighted to share with you.

Comments