Featured Post

Labels

Pages

Skip to main content

Sambal Chilli (Indonesian style)


I've always love this kind of sambal Belacan that we get to eat from those Indonesian restaurants.  I've tried one recipe from thermomix truly Asia. Although it is very nice, but find that the Belacan used is too much to my likings.  Maybe is the different kind of belacan that they used which we are not able to get in Singapore.  So, I work out one myself.  I've used the Belacan that we can get from supermarket, from Penang (see the ingredient photo)

( Makes 1 jar)
Ingredients:
80g           lime, cut to half & removed seeds
30g           green chili padi
90- 100g   red big chilli, cut into 3 parts
60g            yellow onion, cut half
20g            shallots, peel
10g            garlic, peel
50g            tomato
5g              Belacan
45g           sugar
55g           lime juice
5g             sea salt

1. Prepare all ingredients.  Add all into mixing bowl.

       Turbo / 2sec
2.  Scrape all down.

Turbo /1 sec
3.  Cook.
     10mins / 80c / sp1
4.  Let it cool and pour into the clean and dry airtight container.  Keep refrigerated.



I'm a busy working mum. Despite of the busy work, I hope to provide my family with home-cooked food whenever possible. I came across thermomix and it can fulfill my wish and also bring alot of cooking joy. I like to do research and development on baking and cooking. I am still trying to explore what it can do. If you are a thermomix owner, I hope this information will help you and we can learn together. If you do not own one and wanted to know more about it, I am more delighted to share with you.

Comments