Featured Post

Labels

Pages

Skip to main content

Bak Kut The (肉骨茶)

The cooking of this bak kut teh is very simple cos we are using the off the shelf Bak Kut Teh spices that we can get from supermarkets.  

I love peppery type.  Thus, I only like this brand.  One packet can cook up to 1kg of ribs.  If I'm going to cook 500g ( this is only 4 pcs of ribs), I normally will cut the sachet & half the spice powder by dividing them into half by using the soup bag.  If you use the whole packet for 1/2  quantity of ribs, it will be too salty & spicy.

Serve 2

Ingredient:

500g       Prime ribs
1/2 pkt   bak kut teh spice powder
4 pcs       dried mushrooms
7 cloves  garlic
600g       water

Dip:
Chilli, cut
dark soy sauce
chopped garlic

Garnish:
Lettuce/ coriander


1.  Add blade cover & water to the mixing bowl.
    4m / 100c / spoon

2.  Add in all ingredients & cook
     
    35-40m / 100c / r. spoon

3.  Put the lettuce onto a serving bowl & pour the hot soup into it.  

4.  Serve with rice or mee suah.  

*Note:  It is advisable to use the blade guard as the ribs tends to stuck under the blade knife which it unable to move.  

I'm a busy working mum. Despite of the busy work, I hope to provide my family with home-cooked food whenever possible. I came across thermomix and it can fulfill my wish and also bring alot of cooking joy. I like to do research and development on baking and cooking. I am still trying to explore what it can do. If you are a thermomix owner, I hope this information will help you and we can learn together. If you do not own one and wanted to know more about it, I am more delighted to share with you.

Comments