Featured Post

Labels

Pages

Skip to main content

Homemade Yogurt


The ingredients are simple.  Adding the whipping cream makes the yogurt richer & creamier.  Owning the thermomix is plus point as it comes with precision temperature. Else you will need to kitchen thermometer.

Again, having thermomix is still plus point as it comes with fermentation mode too.  But....you can use a thermal pot.  I have tried both methods and I find thermal pot method is better as no electricity is needed 😙😙😙!
(Makes about 800 gram)
Ingredients:

800g    full cream milk
50g      sugar (can omit if you like 
             original yogurt)
150g    Plain Yogurt (room temp)
100g     whipping cream (opitional)

1.  Add milk & sugar to TM bowl.  Cook.

    6m / 90c / sp1
2.  Let the TM temp drop to 50-55 deg (with the TM bowl ).  Add in the yogurt & mix.

    10s / sp3
3.  Pour mixture to thermal pot & let it sit for 12- 15 hours. 
4. Pour into air-tight container & fridge for 4 hours to further thicken the yogurt.




I'm a busy working mum. Despite of the busy work, I hope to provide my family with home-cooked food whenever possible. I came across thermomix and it can fulfill my wish and also bring alot of cooking joy. I like to do research and development on baking and cooking. I am still trying to explore what it can do. If you are a thermomix owner, I hope this information will help you and we can learn together. If you do not own one and wanted to know more about it, I am more delighted to share with you.

Comments