Featured Post

Labels

Pages

Skip to main content

Panna Cotta

This is a really yummy if you like milky stuff.  It may look difficult but actually is easy with only a few ingredients and with thermie, you need not to worry if the gelatin is over-boiled.  Gelatin melts at about 60 deg and thermie works with precision temperature.

I used gelatin (fish) from Phoon huat. The gelatin also can be found in supermarkets. The 'bake king' brand.
Here is the recipe:

Serves 7

Ingredients: 
480g.          Whipping cream 
                    (35% to 55% fat)
60g.             Milk
50g.             Sugar
1.5 tsp    gelatin powder
1 tsp.           Pure vanilla extract 

Sauce:
100g.            Strawberries
30g.               Sugar
  
Garnish:
Strawberries
blueberries
mint leaves

1.  Sprinkle the gelatin ( spread  
     widely/thinly) on the milk. We 
     don't want the gelatin to crumble       into big pieces
2.  Place whipping cream,vanilla 
      extract and sugar onto TM bowl.
      5m / 90c / Sp2

3.  Add the milk mixture and mix to         dissolve the gelatin
       10s / Sp3

4.  Transfer Panna Cotta mixture to 
      the serving cups. Fill 70% full 
     (as we need to garnish with 
      fruits) & let it set in fridge.

5.   After the Panna Cotta is set, ad 
      the sauce on top and garnish 
      with fruits.

Sauce:

1.  Place sugar in TM Bowl and mill.
      8s / Sp7

2.  Add in the strawberries and 
      blend.
       15s / Sp7


I'm a busy working mum. Despite of the busy work, I hope to provide my family with home-cooked food whenever possible. I came across thermomix and it can fulfill my wish and also bring alot of cooking joy. I like to do research and development on baking and cooking. I am still trying to explore what it can do. If you are a thermomix owner, I hope this information will help you and we can learn together. If you do not own one and wanted to know more about it, I am more delighted to share with you.

Comments