Featured Post

Labels

Pages

Skip to main content

Tteokbokki (Spicy Korean rice)

Ok, this is the same cooking method as Tteokbokki cheese from my another post.  Just omit the mozzarella cheese option.  You can add anything that you may like to the dish like sausages, seafood or Korean fishcakes ( add in at step 3). In this recipe, I have provided another soup option, that is using anchovy to cook for the soup base.

Serve 2-3

Ingredients:
500g      tteokbokki tteok 
                (Korean rice cakes)
250g      water
10g.       Anchovy 
1 stalk  spring onions, cut 3cm long
100g.    Korean fish cakes, cut into slices
Sesame seeds for garnish

Sauce:
1 tbsp. gochujang (Korean chili paste)
1 tbsp. light soy sauce
1 tbsp. sugar (I used brown sugar)
2 cloves garlic (minced)

1. Place water and anchovy in TM 
     bowl.
    15m/ 100c / spoon

2.  Remove the anchovy and add in 
      the sauce mixture.
      3m / 100c / sp2

3.  Add  in the korean rice cakes & fishcakes.
      3m / 100c / R. spoon

* note: check if the rice cakes are soft to your likings. If not, can do for another 1min. Also different brands of rice cake has different timing.

4.  Sprinkle sesame seeds & spring onions on it 
      and serve.



I'm a busy working mum. Despite of the busy work, I hope to provide my family with home-cooked food whenever possible. I came across thermomix and it can fulfill my wish and also bring alot of cooking joy. I like to do research and development on baking and cooking. I am still trying to explore what it can do. If you are a thermomix owner, I hope this information will help you and we can learn together. If you do not own one and wanted to know more about it, I am more delighted to share with you.