Featured Post

Labels

Pages

Skip to main content

Cheese Tteokbokki (Spicy Rice Cake)

Ohh my....this was sooo..so good....This is a must try! This is not very spicy version. If you want to spice it up, u can add this additional ingredients which is gochugaru ( Korean chilli pepper flakes).  This is a lazy and fast version.  That is why I used dashi powder. The usual way is anchovy and kelps.  You can also cook anchovy soup (without kelps).  I do not want to buy addtional items that is purely use for this dish.: P Anyways...it still taste as good



My ingredients are always easy to find.  Normally from Fairprice, if not, Sheng Siong. This packet and chilli paste are from Fairprice.


Serve 4-5

Ingredients:
700g    tteokbokki tteok 
             (Korean rice cakes)
300g    water
1          packet (5g) Dashi powder
250g   mozzarella cheese

Sauce:
1 1/2 tbsp. gochujang (Korean chili paste)
1 1/2 tbsp. light soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp. sugar (I used brown sugar)
3 cloves garlic (minced)

1. Place water, dashi powder and  
     sauce in TM bowl.
    15m/ 100c / sp2



2. Preheat the oven at grill fan mode @ 200deg.

3. Add in the tteokbokki.
    5m / 100c / R. Sp0.5


4. Pour cooked tteokbokki onto baking dish & sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.

5. Bake for 5mins (upper rack) or till cheese turn brown.

6. Serve hot.

    
   



I'm a busy working mum. Despite of the busy work, I hope to provide my family with home-cooked food whenever possible. I came across thermomix and it can fulfill my wish and also bring alot of cooking joy. I like to do research and development on baking and cooking. I am still trying to explore what it can do. If you are a thermomix owner, I hope this information will help you and we can learn together. If you do not own one and wanted to know more about it, I am more delighted to share with you.