Featured Post

Labels

Pages

Skip to main content

Steam fish with black Bean Sauce


This sauce goes well with any kind of fish fillets.  Today I'm using the salmon.

Serves 3-4

Ingredients:

230 - 250g     any fish fillet (about 2-3 cm thick), cut into 3 pieces.
10g                ginger, skinned & cut into long thin slices
11/2 tsp          fermented black beans, chopped
Seasoning:

2 tsp        light soy sauce
1/2 tsp    sugar
1 tsp       sesame oil

Garnish:
Spring onions / coriander 


1.  Add 500g water to the mixing bowl.  Let it boil. 
    5min / 100c / speed 1    

2.  Combine the seasonings & mix well.

3.  Place the fish fillet on the plate.  Sprinkle the chopped black beans & ginger on top of the fish fillet.
4.  Drizzle the seasoning sauce on over the fish fillet.

5.  When the water in the TM is boiled, put the fish in the varoma dish.  Remove the MC & place the varoma dish on top of the mixing bowl.

6.  Steam.
     7 min/ varoma / sp2

7.  Garnish with coriander/ spring onions.

Note:  

1. The reason to cut the fish into 3 parts is to make the fish cooked faster.  If you prefer to have a whole fillet, increase the steaming time to 11-12mins.

2.  Can add silken tofu at the sides of the fish & steam together.
 



  
I'm a busy working mum. Despite of the busy work, I hope to provide my family with home-cooked food whenever possible. I came across thermomix and it can fulfill my wish and also bring alot of cooking joy. I like to do research and development on baking and cooking. I am still trying to explore what it can do. If you are a thermomix owner, I hope this information will help you and we can learn together. If you do not own one and wanted to know more about it, I am more delighted to share with you.

Comments