Featured Post

Labels

Pages

Skip to main content

Braised Tau Kwa


This is pure Tau Kwa only.  Simple dish.  Surprisingly, thermomix did not 'eat' my tau Kwa.  They are still in good shape..🤭🤭🤭

Ingredients:
450g     Tau Kwa, cut into cubes
40g        black sugar
30g        dark soy sauce
40g        light soy sauce
4             star anise
10g        back vinegar
25g         oil
5g          ginger, peeled and sliced
2 pcs     dried chilli, washed & de-seed (I did not add as my kid don't take chilli)

Garnish:
Spring onions


1.  Add ginger & oil into mixing bowl. Saute.

4mins / 120c / speed 1


2. Add sugar, light soy sauce, dried chilli, dark soy sauce, star anise.  Cook.

2mins/ 100c / reverse spoon

3.  Insert I'm butterfly & add in Tau Kwa.  Cook.  Spread the Tau kwa evenly between the butterfly.

20mins / 100c / reverse speed spoon
4.  Spread the Tau Kwa to make the un- coated ones to be able to coat with sauce.  Next with no MC, cook to thicken (收汁). During the last 10 mins, add in black vinegar through MC hole.

20mins / varoma /reverse speed spoon 
Note:
1.  Do check it out when it at remaining 5mins.  Due to the different types of soy sauce or black sugar used, the thickening may occur earlier.  When u see like texture like the photo above.  You can stop the cooking process.



I'm a busy working mum. Despite of the busy work, I hope to provide my family with home-cooked food whenever possible. I came across thermomix and it can fulfill my wish and also bring alot of cooking joy. I like to do research and development on baking and cooking. I am still trying to explore what it can do. If you are a thermomix owner, I hope this information will help you and we can learn together. If you do not own one and wanted to know more about it, I am more delighted to share with you.

Comments

Post a Comment