Featured Post

Labels

Pages

Skip to main content

Yaki Udon

One of my objective of themomix cooking is simple and fast.  No matter at what kind of timing, I can simply whip up a meal for the family.  Here is another kind of frozen food that I will buy during grocery....Frozen udon.  I find that this is good as it is frozen and it does not have some sour chemical taste.  It can be found in the frozen section.
one packet is for 5 pax.  Can break into 2 to have a smaller portion.

This dish no need to marinate beforehand.  The udon also need not to defroze. It takes less than 30 mins to complete this dish.  Fast and yummy!

The yellow onions to be sliced instead of chopped in thermomix.


Ingredients:
2  pcs       frozen udon (500g)
5g             garlic, peeled
5g             Ginger, peeled
30g           yellow onions, sliced
20g            oil

Seasonings (mixed together):
2.5 tbsp   dark soy sauce
2 tbsp      oyster sauce
2 tsp         sugar
1/2 tsp     black vinegar
1tbsp        mirin

For garnish:
Chopped spring onion 
Chopped chilli padi

1. Boil 2000g  water with simmering basket in it.

    4mins / 100c / speed 1

2.  Add in udon to soften it but not to overcook it.

     1mins / 100c / speed 1

3.  Pour away the water and set aside the udon. Wipe the mixing bowl dry.

4.  Add garlic and ginger.  Chop.

     5sec / speed 5

5.  Add oil and sliced onions. Saute.

      6mins / 120c / speed 0.5

6.  Add in minced meat and seasonings.  Spread out evenly. Cook.

      2mins /120c / speed 1


7.  Add in udon.

      1mins / 120c / r.speed spoon
     





I'm a busy working mum. Despite of the busy work, I hope to provide my family with home-cooked food whenever possible. I came across thermomix and it can fulfill my wish and also bring alot of cooking joy. I like to do research and development on baking and cooking. I am still trying to explore what it can do. If you are a thermomix owner, I hope this information will help you and we can learn together. If you do not own one and wanted to know more about it, I am more delighted to share with you.

Comments