Featured Post

Labels

Pages

Skip to main content

Lemon Barely


Generally, China's barley has cooling properties but the taste for China barley is not as good as pearl barley. In order for the family to take China barley, the only way is to mix both types of barley to reduce the China barley taste. Everytime when I cook barley, the most dreading part is to drain the cooked barley away from the pot.  I'm glad thermomix can do job the effortlessly.  Here is how I do it.


Ingredients: 
50g      china barley, washed
60g      barley, washed
2000g  water
80g       rock sugar
2            Pandan leaves, washed & tie knot (optional)
2 slices  lemon

1.  Add barely on simmering basket and wash.  Add pandan & rock sugar to simmering basket. Cook.

35mins / 98c / rev. Speed 0.5


3. Remove the cooked barley from the simmering basket.  Squeeze in the lemon juice.  Drink hot or cold.


 Note: 
1.  Do not let the lemon stay in the drink for more than 3 hours, else the drink will turn bitter.


I'm a busy working mum. Despite of the busy work, I hope to provide my family with home-cooked food whenever possible. I came across thermomix and it can fulfill my wish and also bring alot of cooking joy. I like to do research and development on baking and cooking. I am still trying to explore what it can do. If you are a thermomix owner, I hope this information will help you and we can learn together. If you do not own one and wanted to know more about it, I am more delighted to share with you.

Comments