Featured Post

Labels

Pages

Skip to main content

Basic cooking Rice

Need not to think how much water to add for different amount of rice to cook.  Just remember this rule of thumb. The water to be leveled (Abit more,covering the rice)

Serve 5
Ingredients:

300g   Rice
Water


1. Wash the rice in simmering basket.
2. Put simmering basket onto TM bowl.

3. Pour in the water till it cover the rice.



4. Cook.

16mins / 100c / sp3. 5
     


 

This rice water is good for those who has no appetite, especially for children who are sick.  The ""Rice water" is also known as "peng um" (in hokkien).  If they cannot take any solid food, this "rice water" will be good for them.

This cooking method actually reduce the GI level of the rice.  It is nice for those people who has diabetics & yet who likes to eat white rice. The low GI is due to the cooking method.    If you have no such concerns, can use the "rice water" for cooking soup:).




I'm a busy working mum. Despite of the busy work, I hope to provide my family with home-cooked food whenever possible. I came across thermomix and it can fulfill my wish and also bring alot of cooking joy. I like to do research and development on baking and cooking. I am still trying to explore what it can do. If you are a thermomix owner, I hope this information will help you and we can learn together. If you do not own one and wanted to know more about it, I am more delighted to share with you.

Comments